Write to us! These addresses are now for their individual mission homes and will be the addresses we will be using from now on...I think.

Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil

Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil

Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Spencer's email - 5/31/11

HI family!!!

How are you all doing? I am doing really good! We had a good week! we found a lot of good people and it was fun!! But first, Maren Faye, you looked so beautiful for prom! And i am glad you had a great time! It’s good to know that people can have fun without having to do bad things... I wish more people would know that here. But looks like a lot of fun! And the beach! woosh... well I miss that place! But for sure it´ll still be there for me when I get back! Its funny, Elder Denby and I were talking about that today how it’s weird that we aren’t at a beach but still everyone wears board shorts... anyway weird fact. and dad, the nails are very.. cute? (Note from Teri: Jim fell asleep while reading in a chair at the beach house. Clara painted his nails on one hand before he woke up.) Well I got some letters today! woo, so that was fun!! And we had an awesome lunch!! we decided to make hamburgers!! Whoa they were good and we also made cookies! Ch chunk! so that was good, they are all waiting at the house for me!
Well this week, it was interesting, because we had a lot of success but still we were having trouble. We did a lot of looking this week, knocking doors talking to people on the street, and then we had a couple days where we just did awesome. (Not us of course) But the bad part is our baptism fell... He is having problems with his brother and so he is going to move to Celândia and so he decided that he hates Paranoá and he wants nothing to do with it. He won’t do anything here, and that includes baptism. So that sucked. But then we went over to his neighbor’s house, and now his neighbor is going to be baptized this Sunday. He is amazing. He has had a really hard life and has made A LOT of mistakes. But he decided that he is going to turn everything around and he is really a different person. For example, he used to do crack, and he has already been to jail for 4 years, he has 4 kids and isn’t married. Now he wont move back with the lady that he has kids with because he wants to keep the law of chastity so he will wait until they are married to move back. Also, people still offer him drugs for free and invite him to parties but he absolutely will not he has really changed, and he loved church. So that is super good, I love that about the gospel, no one is unable to change. And we have been really blessed in out road contacts and are finding a lot of really good people. So that is good . But i learned a good lesson this week, we a couple but I’ll just tell you one. well we had decided that we really needed to mark some dates so we decided we will mark 3 today, and we had that in our mind all day long, we ended up marking 5. Well lesson on faith, you just have to trust in the Lord and be confidant that He will do His part as long as you do yours. So i am trying to apply that in my work now. It’s funny how much little stuff sticks out on the mission. So short email, I don’t know exactly what more to say, no mom I am not freezing, it is only cold at night. I don’t know for brenna, but here during that day it is still hot! So I am fine. Buut, I love you guys!! Keep going strong, and never forget... The church is true!!

Elder Dunlop

(ps. This keyboard is terrible so maybe there is missing letters i don’t know... Probably. Also I can’t spell very well anymore...)

P.P.S. I fixed a bunch of mistakes for him. It’s true. I think he has forgotten how to spell in English.  Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment