MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It´s getting cold here - so my companion and I decided that we are going to celebrate Christmas today! Since when it gets cold - that means it is Christmas time! I think that we really confuse the Brazilians sometimes... I was telling people last night, ´´Merry Christmas Eve!´´ and they looked at me like I was crazy... And then they asked me if we celebrate Christmas today in the US - we said no... So I think they are just confused by us now... BUT - today we had pancakes and we are listening to Christmas music, we read the nativity story, we are making sugar cookies and we might watch the dvd about Christ - that we hand out to people! It is great! The only thing missing is the phone call home! I guess I´ll have to wait 7 months for that one... BUT ANYWAYS, sounds like everything is going great there! Great job Maren on the lacrosse season! And great job Clara in MUN! Sounds like that was fun - I never got to do that... boo... And wow mom - you are busy, busy, busy! Thanks for all the work that you do for us! The weather is crazy here - it would be really nice IF they had heaters in the houses - but that doesn´t exist - so we just die of coldness night time and when we are studying in the morning... It´s just gonna get colder too... weird huh? Things are great here! I think we are having the same problem as Spencer though - it is hard to find people here that will commit to baptism and stick to it! I sometimes just want to force people to accept because I know it is the best thing they could ever have - and I know that it is the source of the happiness in my life - and I just want everyone to experience this happiness I have - but I can´t force it on anyone... Yesterday we were teaching a lady who was very Catholic - and LOVES reading - so I tried giving her a Book of Mormon because I knew she would love it - and she wouldn´t accept it! She said that she didn´t want to get confused about things etc, etc - it made me SO sad because the Book of Mormon is one of the most precious things that I have! I think that Satan is working extra hard in this area because it is a branch - but when we get more people here it will turn into a ward - which means that this district will turn into a stake - which means we are closer to having a temple! I think we need 5 more stakes in Belo Horizonte to have enough to have a temple... Luckily, the members are great here - they help out a ton - they LOVE the missionaries! And we love them! So what happened this week?... Well - I got proposed to! So I guess after the mission, I´ll be staying here... Just kidding! It was this really weird guy - he came up to us and he was talking about how he wanted to go to the US and was asking what he had to do to go there and then he turned to me and said, ´´you want to marry me?´´ and I just flat out said ´´no!´´ - kinda rude - but it just flew out of my mouth! And it was the truth! No way! It was funny though... Oh the people here... they are not afraid to say ANYTHING! What else? On Sunday, all of the people that were supposed to go to church with us ended up not being able to go - so we just went out and were inviting EVERYONE in the street to go with us - it was 1 hour before church was supposed to start - and no one was agreeing to come with us... but we went and knocked on someone´s door who said he´d come - and he was ASLEEP - but he got up and said he didn´t have time - cuz he´d have to take a shower first - so we said we´d wait - and so he actually took a shower and came with us! He lives with two other guys and one of them said he´d come to church with us - he tried to get out of it - and we made him come too - and then the other came out and asked why we were waiting and we said that we were waiting for him to get ready to come to church with us and he said, ´´you´re waiting for me?!´´ and we said - YES! - so it was kinda a lie - but it was for a good cause... so he got ready and came with us too! It was pretty funny... Then the members brought people to church too! So we actually had a lot of people visiting on sunday! Yay! Also - this family that we are helping - that has to get married - is AWESOME! They love learning more about the gospel - and they really want to change - we were talking about the word of wisdom - and we asked the husband if he wanted to stop smoking - and he said, ´´yes, more than anything!´´ so we said we´d help him - that we´d take his cigarrettes with us - so without a single other word - he went into his room and brought out a whole pack of cigarrettes - that was only missing one cigarrette - that he had already smoked and gave it to us! And this family is SUPER poor! What faith! Man - it is the best thing ever to see people progress and change their lives! I love it! Anyways... I love you all! Have an AMAZING week! Keep being awesome!! Until next week!
-Love,
Sister Dunlop
Write to us! These addresses are now for their individual mission homes and will be the addresses we will be using from now on...I think.
Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil
Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil
Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.
Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil
Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil
Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment