Write to us! These addresses are now for their individual mission homes and will be the addresses we will be using from now on...I think.

Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil

Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil

Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Brenna's email - 5/11/11

Hello! I agree! Sunday was the best Mother´s Day I´ve ever had! I didn´t even get chocolate or flowers in church - and it was still better! Don´t worry about the phone - it was still great talking to everyone! I loved that even after 6 months of not talking - it felt like I had just talked to you guys the day before! And you are asking about Pão de Quejo? Well let me tell you, Minas Gerais (the state that I am in) is famous for Pão de Quejo - so of course I´ve eaten it! I actually was eating some this morning... It was funny because in the MTC we were talking about my mission and EVERYONE - said - Belo Horizonte? - they have good Pão de Quejo there! I´ve made it once already with Sister Lobo - so I´ll have to make it for you when I get home! I got a few letters yesterday - and that was great! Thanks again for your support! It means a lot - I loved that spiritual thought about the tribes of Israel - it was very interesting! Well - things are going great here! Sunday was one of the best Sundays on the mission - first and foremost because I got to talk to you guys and secondly, we had a lot of people in church that Sunday! It was awesome! Me and my companion sang a duet in sacrament meeting that was really pretty - it was a Child´s Prayer - dad would be shocked by the musical talent here - it is...uh... not very good... so I am not very afraid to sing in front of people! Especially since it invites the spirit so strongly! People came up to us afterwards and were saying that they felt like they were in heaven. But other than that - we brought 5 people with us to church and the members brought people with them too! That is always super helpful! I love when members bring people! There is this one guy that showed up to church too that is always passing us on his motorcycle and he said he´d go to church - and he actually went! Last night we went and taught him and his daughter - and it was a really good lesson! We taught about the plan of salvation because his son died from cancer when he was 23 - the spirit was super strong and they both accepted a baptism date! I think he´ll be a powerhouse member because he already wants to take us to other members of his family - because he LOVED the church. One thing really neat that I am learning from my experience here on the mission is how to follow the spirit - it is SO amazing that the spirit tells us where we should go, who we should talk to, what we should say - the Lord really is doing his work here! We just have to do what He says and we´ll have success! The other day, we scheduled to go meet with someone we talked to in the street - and we looked at her address and we couldn´t find that street that she said - but my companion was convinced that it was a different street - and so we went there and of course she didn´t live there! But we decided to go teach someone in that street anyways - and so we went and talked to this lady and she let us in - and in the lesson I felt like I should ask her why she let us into her house - and she started crying - she said that she saw us across the street and she said that she saw that we had something different - oh man that lesson with her was AMAZING - we left there so excited - because I know that I wasn´t teaching - it was totally the spirit teaching! And He is the best teacher for sure! My companion and I are really learning how to teach - we have had some amazing lessons! It is awesome! I am really learning a lot from her! Today is her one year mark on the mission so we are going to celebrate with açai!! Yum! Oh man, so usually lunches are pretty good - always the same thing - but pretty good... but yesterday I think I had my worst lunch on the mission... we got there and there were ANTS covering EVERYTHING - the tables, counters, EVERYTHING - and she just had rice and something that was supposed to be beans - I think... and then she fried up some sausage - that didn´t even taste like meat... and that is it! I was very grateful that she was feeding us - but... it´s just hard to eat when ants are trying to attack your food and everything! Oh well... It could be worse!!! Lol! Also - the men here are crazy! They have no shame! They just yell at us every single day - ``hey blondies!`` ``oh those eyes!`` ``Americans!`` etc, etc, etc - yesterday I heard one that was kinda funny, ``Hey tourists!`` - my favorite one is ``Hey elders!`` - apparently all missionaries are elders... I can deal with the shouting but when they come up to us and tell us that they want to meet with us, that they want our number, they try to kiss us, it gets a little annoying! I know I´m supposed to be christ-like and have charity for everyone - but does this include drunk men?... Maybe charity is something I still need to work on... Other than that - I am loving the mission as always! Being a missionary is seriously the best thing ever! It is amazing to help and serve people every single day! We are helping this boy get baptised - he is 10 and his sisters already got baptised a while ago - and he is super excited - we asked him about the church and he said it is the BEST CHURCH EVER because he feels something inside of him when he is there - I tend to agree with him! Well - I love you all! Have a fabulous week!! Thank you for all your prayers and letters and support! It really helps a lot! Pray for me extra hard this Sunday when I have to give a 10 minute talk in Portuguese! Eeeek!!! I´m sure I´ll need a little extra help that day! But I´m actually kinda excited because I got some really awesome ideas this morning when I was studying... It´s gonna be good... Love ya!!!

-Love, Sister Dunlop

No comments:

Post a Comment