Write to us! These addresses are now for their individual mission homes and will be the addresses we will be using from now on...I think.

Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil

Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil

Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Brenna's email - 6/29/11

Hello family!!! Sounds like summer is going great there!!! I can´t believe you didn´t tell me Clara´s name (Note from Teri. She’s talking about Clara’s camp name which she got at girl’s camp this year)! How will I wait? I have to wait forever now! this is important information! And Maren is in Colorado?? Crazy! That´s way cool! I will find out if I got my package today - because we are going to the mission office today to pick up more Book of Mormons - I HOPE IT IS THERE!! It can be my present for my birthday and my 8 month mark on the mission! Can you believe that?! Craziness!!! Wow! Well I had a Sunday this week like Spencer´s sunday last week - we were running around like crazy on Friday and Saturday because we were teaching a TON of people and we had a TON of people lined up to come to church with us so we were way excited - we had a baptism all set up and 14 people that said they´d come to church with us - wouldn´t you know it... NO ONE CAME!!! One person out of everyone came! And this man is kinda crazy - basically he just wanted to argue about everything that we said - we went and taught him the gospel of Christ - I said that faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end are the things that we need to gain eternal life - and he said, ´´no, that is not all we need - we need food, water, a roof over our heads, blah, blah, blah, blah...´´ he was impossible - so we aren´t going back there... But one cool thing about Sunday was - we had a member of the 70 there!!! He came and spoke to us and I talked to him and shook his hand! Cool huh?! It was Elder Cruz. So - Vinicius... I don´t even know what happened with him and his baptism... We went to his house that morning and he said that his aunt said that he had to run and do something really quick for her - that he would get to church as soon as he could - that for sure he would be there by 10 - so we said - alright - as long as you are there before the baptism it would all be fine - well wouldn´t you know it - he never showed up! Apparently things took longer than usual... BUT all was not lost - we went to his house after church and he wasn´t there - of course he doesn´t have a cell phone - and everyone was telling us that he was in different places - which is what Brazilians do when they really don´t know - they pretend they know because they want to help out - so we ended up chasing after him for 3 hours! Again! Grr... We haven´t gone back to his house yet to see what happened... But GRR... Anyways... Roxanne did get the Gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday and there were some members that brought people to church and we are teaching them now - so it wasn´t completely terrible - just wasn´t as awesome as we´d thought it would be - or hoped it would be... It is interesting though - we can work work work all week long and only bring 1 person to church that really doesn´t have any interest at all in being a member - and then a member will invite one person and this person ends up loving church and wanting to get baptised! Shows you the power you guys have... hint, hint - Help those missionaries out! It has been pretty fun because we have been going to family home evenings with lots of families - they will invite a nonmember - and we can go there and participate! I love it! We will have 4 this week! Last night we had one with Roxanne and some other members and ROXANNE´S BOYFRIEND!!! That is a HUGE step! He was really closed about all religions - when we go there - he is always way nice -but he will usually go wait in the other room -but the other day - he stayed and listened - and last night - he came to family home evening!!! Cool! And he liked it a lot - he actually participated a lot and said he really enjoyed it! He is opening up! Next - we´ll go in for the kill... he he he... Anyways - another awesome thing is THE ATONEMENT! I love it! There is a guy in our ward who has been waiting FOREVER to get a letter from the first presidency so that he can get baptised - FOREVER! He has been way awesome - his family got baptised - and he is basically like a member - he was going out with the missionaries, having family home evenings, reading scriptures - EVERYTHING - but a long time ago he committed a really serious crime - so he had to fix everything with the law and send a letter to the First Presidency - and he was waiting, and waiting, and waiting - he was waiting back in October for a response - and it FINALLY came on Monday!!! And he is going to get baptised!!! His interview is this Friday - and he´ll probably get baptised this next week!!! How awesome is that?!!! He was starting to lose all hope of getting baptised - moral of the story: don´t lose hope - keep doing the right things - because the answer will come and the atonement is amazing! (this situation gave me hope for another person I know - if you catch my drift...) So anyways - I feel really honored that I get to be here for his special day! His name is Adilson - by the way! Cool cool cool! So - Sister Corbin has a pedometer - so it has been pretty fun to see how many steps we take in a day! On a day where we didn´t walk a TON - we walked 22,000 steps - and yesterday we walked 30,000 steps - I wanna know how many miles that is! Could you look that up for me? I´m really curious to know! Also I just got an email from my mission president that made me really happy - he said he is proud of me (and not a bad kind of proud) - Wow! Anyways, I love you all! And don´t worry - I am not homesick mom - I can miss talking to you on the phone without being homesick! And dad - I wanted another baby sister! That was Spencer that wanted a boy! He he... I just like giving you a hard time... Anyways, until next week!
-Love,
Sister Dunlop

ps - in the conference ensign there is a talk by C. Scott Grow - I think that is so funny!!! Say it out loud and you´ll get it... he he he...

pps from Teri – Just for the record, when she is talking about wanting a baby sister, that was when Clara was born. There is no announcement and no talk of babies at our house!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment