Write to us! These addresses are now for their individual mission homes and will be the addresses we will be using from now on...I think.

Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil

Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil

Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Brenna's email - 7/27/11

WOW!!!! ADAM IS GOING TO BRAZIL???!!!! That is awesome! No - Drew didn´t tell me...! My companion just told me that it is part of São Paulo! Cool! They baptise a lot in São Paulo! The church is really strong there! Parabéns Adam! You are gonna love Brasil! And... I can´t believe about the engagements... that is CRAZY!!! When are the dates set??? And... I wanna see pictures! And... I can´t believe that I am halfway done already! In the beginning time was going by slow - but now it is FLYING by! I can´t believe it! It seems like yesterday was my 6 month mark... WOW! And yes - I did think about Clara´s 1/2 birthday... I told my companion about it and she thought it was funny... I think we are gonna go explore this place that is like COSTCO and see what goodies we can find... yay! SO.... another AWESOME week! Man, this place is really blessed - I love it here! Sunday we had 3 baptisms - and they were 3 baptisms from 3 different families! Leonardo FINALLY got baptised! He has been wanting to for a long time - but his work has been crazy busy lately - but he got baptised! Yay! He lives with a member - so that is how we found him. Also, Junio got baptised - he is way awesome - we actually met him because we were looking for someone and they gave us the wrong address - and he answered the door - we taught him at his doorstep and he accepted! He actually really had no problems at all - which was really nice - and it is so cool to see the change in him! We actually had him teach us the lesson the other day which was really neat! Marisa - got baptised too! She is 26 - she is the one that has had a really hard life - but she is already so much happier! Her daughter usually stays with her grandma - but she has been visiting for 2 weeks (she is 8) and she came and watched the baptism and the whole time she was begging to get baptised too... Lol - she is really cute - when we go there she always says, `´I´m gonna say the first prayer!´´ We had her pray about the church and about whether she should get baptised and she said she felt a really cool feeling in her heart. Cute! Anyways, I have a lot of really neat stories for you guys this week! First I am going to talk about answers to prayers - I love how the Lord responds in ways that we will understand. Marisa was really hesitant about baptism - she wasn´t sure that she was ready - or if it was the right thing - so we said that she had to pray and ask if it was right - so the next day we went back and we asked her how her prayer went and she said that she was going to get baptised! Apparently - she was at the sink and she had forgotten to pray earlier in the day - so she stopped what she was doing and asked if it was the right thing - and then she finished her prayer and went back to doing the dishes and then her 2 year old came into the room with a picture of Christ that we had given her and he told her to put it away - just randomly - and she said she knew that that was her response! How Junio got his answer was - he was at a party - sitting there and his friends were drinking and he was sitting there thinking about whether he should drink or not - he told himself he wouldn´t - but then he thought he should - he just kept going back and forth about the matter - and he was praying for strength - and then another friend came over and started talking to him and he forgot about the drinks - and that moment he realized that he really could keep all the commandments and follow Christ! Interesting - 2 completely different ways of answering - but God knows how we will understand! Cool huh???!!!
Oh my goodness - last night we taught one of the most amazing lessons in my entire mission - the spirit was SO strong - we taught this amazing family - mom, daughter (14 years old), and son (9) - the dad was working - but when we told the first vision - oh my goodness - the spirit was amazing! The daughter was crying - and they all accepted baptism - I am so excited to teach this amazing family! I love the gospel and the spirit! I love how we are guided to the people that are prepared to hear!!! Amazing! Oh man, I am running out of time - and I have so many more stories to tell this week! But one amazing thing we bought is this mosquito zapper - I LOVE it! It looks like a tennis racket - but it ZAPS the mosquitos! And you can see a spark! Unfortunately - at night I can still hear the mosquitos buzzing past my ear... Annoying... Anyways - I gotta go! But I love you all! Lots and lots and lots!!! Still no package... But I have faith that it´ll get here someday...

Love,
Sister Dunlop

No comments:

Post a Comment