Hello!!!
Thank you everyone for the birthday songs/emails/wishes! It´ll be a bit different this year - guess how we´re gonna celebrate: we´re gonna wake up at 630, we´re gonna study, we´re gonna go teach people, and then we´ll get home and go to sleep! Woot! Though today we are going to buy ice cream! Yay! It´s not quite the same here - ice cream is WAY better there... but ice cream is ice cream right?! And so I´m excited! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!!!! Whoo! You´re turning 35 right???! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT KAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! It is an eventful week!!! Well - this week has been interesting - and great! I am learning that the Lord really works in different ways to bring his children to the truth - sometimes I don´t like how He works at the time - but later it all works out... Ugh - I don´t think that made very much sense - so I´ll just telll my story... So on Sunday - we had a ton of people scheduled to come to church with us - and I mean a TON - but wouldn´t you know it - NO ONE CAME!!!! And I mean NO ONE - we didn´t have a single investigator at church -a single person visiting, nothing! So I felt pretty terrible... I felt like I am working, working, working - and not seeing any results.... So - we left church - we have a rule in our mission that we can only stay at church if we have visitors there - except we can go to sacrament meeting obviously - but the others... NOPE! So we were trying to think of anyone we could get to come with us and no one would! But as we were walking we passed a lady with two kids trying to unload a huge van with all of their stuff inside into their new house - so we asked her if she wanted help - and she actually accepted! So we helped her move and then she said that we should come back another day - so we did - and now we are teaching her and she is AWESOME! But just think! If we had people in the church - we wouldn´t have had to leave and we would have never ran into this family! The Lord is so smart! This happened another time this week - we went all the way to a neighborhood really far away and the lady we were supposed to teach was leaving in a car and she said we should wait and she would be back in a little bit - so we went and taught another person and went back and she still wasn´t there and so we decided we had to go - because we had a meeting we had to go to - but as we were walking back we decided to knock on a door because we had a little bit of time before the meeting - and we ran into this AWESOME guy who accepted a baptism date without problems, questions - and he is super excited! If that lady had been in her house - we would have never ran into that guy - because usually he works - but he just happened to be home that day! Wow! We are also teaching a lady right now that is super awesome! She is the mom of a lady that we have been teaching - her mom saw a Book of Mormon in her house and she took it - and then told her daughter that she wanted to talk to us - and we showed up at her house and we gave her her own Book of Mormon and she said, ´´Oh thank you!!! Thank you thank you! This is the best present that anyone has ever given me!!! Thank you! I will read this everyday for the rest of my life!´´ She is so awesome! She already has a really strong testimony of the Book of Mormon because she was reading it when her husband called her from work and he said there was an accident that happened at work - they were riding a bus and the bus rolled over and every single person on the bus got hurt or killed except her husband! She says she knows that he was protected because she was reading The Book of Mormon in that moment! And - she knows the church is true because she has always asked people why there isn´t a prophet, why there isn´t more scriptures that we recieve today, etc - and her pastors haven´t been able to respond - they just put her on the ´´bench of punishment´´ - how ridiculous is that?!! Man - I am so glad that we have the truth!!! The church is SO perfect!! It has everything!!! Everything everything everything!!!! So - now as we are being blessed with awesome people - transfers are coming up... of course... so I am REALLY nervous! I don´t want to be transfered!! I want to stay here with my companion!!!! I can´t leave! I will be SO sad! Man transfers are hard because we develop friendships here - it is like a family here - and then we have to say goodbye and who knows if I will ever see these people again.... Ugh! I think I´ll stay here though... We´ll see.... Anyways... I love you all!!! Thank you so much for EVERYTHING!!! The gospel is true, the book is blue! Oh - hmm... I´ll think of a cultural tidbit for you.... let´s see...Here school is way different - people go to school for just 4 hours - people will either go to school and study in the morning until lunch time or they will study after lunch time - that is the norm - there are also night classes! Weird huh?! Also - they have ´summer break´´ during Christmas time! Wow! Anyways - have an AMAZING WEEK!!! Maren you looked BEAUTIFUL during prom! I expect a letter telling me how it went!!!
-Love,
Sister Dunlop
Write to us! These addresses are now for their individual mission homes and will be the addresses we will be using from now on...I think.
Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil
Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil
Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.
Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil
Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil
Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment