Write to us! These addresses are now for their individual mission homes and will be the addresses we will be using from now on...I think.

Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil

Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil

Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Brenna's email - 8/31/11

Hello!!!! Well I have BIG NEWS for you this week... It was quite a shock for me... As you know - transfers are today and well, now I am senior companion AND I am training a new sister AND oh yeah... I´m opening an area too... Talk about scary! Let´s just say that I didn´t sleep very well
these past two nights! To top that all off - president said that he trusts a lot in me - that is a lot to live up to! I think I am most nervous that I´m gonna be so lost for about a month or so - this area is HUGE - and it is in Belo Horizonte still (the area is called Pampulha) and I don´t know where
ANYTHING is! It´s already been an adventure... We are starting a new program with the trainers and trainees - we now have 2 hours of companion study instead of just one and we´ll be doing a lot of practices and studies from a new book that came out a month ago that goes with Preach my Gospel - so that should be really good! Every week it has challenges for the new missionary - the
challenge this week is that they´ll be doing the baptismal invite every time this week - wow - talk about jumping right into things! But I think that is great - I was kinda scared to do the invite for a while because it was my companion that always did it. My companion is Sister Da Rosa, she is from Rio Grande do Sul, she has been a member all her life (well I guess after she turned 8), she is 22, middle child, and she seems way nice - I´m pretty excited! I don´t know why President closed and opened this area - there were sisters here before too - so apparently we have a baptism marked for this Sunday! Whoo hoo!! Sister Corbin is also training - she stayed in Venda Nova - I guess that is what we get for baptising so much... By the way - we had 2 more baptisms this last Sunday! Jefferson and Geovani. Jefferson was so perfect - he LOVED church and he was always saying ´´our church´´ or before I found the true church, etc,etc,etc - he is already half way through 2 Nephi and he goes to church by himself! We didn´t even have to pick him up!
It´s awesome! He even said - after I get baptised - I am going to start working - but it won´t be a problem because you guys won´t have to come over to prepare me for baptism anymore! He understands our purpose! It´s great! He is 19 - so I know he is going to serve a mission! Geovani is 12 - and his story is interesting too - he is friends with a member who brought him to church - so we went over there and taught his parents - his mom and his ´´dad´´ which is really just his mom´s boyfriend - so the mom said that he could get baptised but the ´´dad´´ said that he wanted his mom to visit the church first and then they´d talk about it... Well his mom didn´t go to church 2 Sundays ago with us - but he did (Geovani) we went over there to teach him and he was telling his mom that he really wanted to get baptised - so she said he could - the dad wasn´t there... So Sunday morning rolled around and the dad found out that he´d get baptised that day and he got mad and said Geovani couldn´t go - but he went anyway! Wow - the enemy was really working against that one - but he DIDN´T WIN! Muah ha ha ha... I like when we win! It was really hard saying goodbye to everyone in Venda Nova! It is always hard to say goodbye! I don´t like it - but I am needed in a new area now! I´ll need lots of prayers so I don´t get too lost! He he... I´m gonna try sending pictures - we´ll see if it works out...

Love ya!
Sister Dunlop

No comments:

Post a Comment