HELLO! Well... to answer your questions... I am trying to
keep cool - but it is VERY hot here - and just gonna get hotter - but our fan
is working now - so that has made sleeping a LOT easier! And yes I am using my
bug spray - so my hand is no longer getting attacked! Our next transfer will be
in 2 weeks! I´m kinda nervous - we´ll be getting 3 new sisters - one is from
Portugal - and apparently the Portuguese they speak there is very different -
so who knows if I´ll be able to understand her... and with my luck - I´ll be
training her... lol... In our ward we have about 5-7 young women who are
actually going to church (we added 3 when we baptised Greicielle, Greicienne,
and Cleidianne) and that is about average for the wards I´ve been in. I am just
working in one ward right now - and actually - we have 2 sets of missionaries
in our ward! Me and Sister Corbin and then a set of elders - an American and a
Brazilian (the Brazilian reminds me a TON of Jason Hadley - it is really creepy
- seriously - if Jason were Brazilian - he would be this guy...) But that has
been way nice - having 2 sets of missionaries in one ward! Though... our area
where we work is still HUGE! A few years ago - there were a TON more
missionaries in our mission - so they had like 8 sets of missionaries here...
so imagine us now with only 2.... yeah... That sounds so fun about high
adventure! I always loved high adventure!!! Yes though - you´d better get in
shape for next summer - because I expect to go on a lot of hikes! And I´m
getting a lot of practice - cuz I´m ´´backpackin it´´ everyday - and there are
a TON of hills here! Belo Horizonte - and Minas Gerais are known for the
hills... By the way.... HAPPY FATHER´S DAY DAD!!!!! Here Father´s Day is in
August - so it was last Sunday - and it was WAY OBNOXIOUS!!!! Here everyone
said they couldn´t go to church because they had to travel to see their dad or
prepare lunch for their dad... etc, etc - what about their Heavenly Dad?!!!
Seriously.... Mother´s Day was like this too - but at least we could call home
- so that made it a little better... We did end up bringing one guy to church -
turns out he was drunk though... We are trying to help him out with that - he´s
had about a month where his life has gone down the toilet because of drinks -
it is really sad - he really wants to get out of this mess - and get back to
working, etc - it´s pretty cool though because he is a composer and musician!
That is pretty rare here! We didn´t have any baptisms this Sunday - but
Terezinha recieved the Gift of the Holy Ghost - it is so neat to see her at
church because she fits in so well with everyone! We had an integration night -
which was like a big family home evening with everyone in the ward and we had a
lesson and played games there -and it seriously is like she has been a member
for years! Maybe it is because she´s been going to church for over a year...
Lol... It amazes me everyday how the Lord guides us to His children! I am
always surprised everyday how many people we find that said they were praying
for answers and then we showed up there - but unfortunately - a lot of times
these people still don´t accept that that was an answer - we were teaching this
lady, Marisa, that said she has been praying to know which church was true and
then we showed up there - she said that she was tired of searching in all the
churches so she was praying that the Lord would bring the answer to her door -
well we taught her and she didn´t go to church with us on Sunday because she
was ´´tired...´´ So we went back there yesterday and she said that she wouldn´t
get baptized because she wasn´t prepared and she wanted the Lord to bring her
to the right church - she didn´t just want to go search it out anymore - I
really don´t know any other way that the Lord would answer her prayer other
than sending us there to knock on her door Sunday morning to walk with her to
church... But apparently that wasn´t the answer she wanted... It is sad - cuz
she knows that Joseph Smith was a prophet - she just doesn´t want to believe
everything else... But I guess that is free-agency for ya... I´m learning more
and more about faith too - I like to think of it this way - let´s pretend I
want a car - I can say that I have faith that I will get this car and I can
pray every single day for a car - but will I wake up one day and have a car
sitting there on my driveway? No! I have to get up and WORK for that car! That
is real faith! I see that a lot - people say they have faith - but what are
they doing to show for that? Nothing... BUT - we are working our tails off this
week (as always) so I know that we will see the fruits of it these last two
weeks in this transfer!!! I love you all LOTS and LOTS and I hope you all have
a FABULOUS week! Until next week!!!
Love,
Sister Dunlop
Write to us! These addresses are now for their individual mission homes and will be the addresses we will be using from now on...I think.
Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil
Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil
Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.
Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil
Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil
Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment