Write to us! These addresses are now for their individual mission homes and will be the addresses we will be using from now on...I think.

Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil

Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil

Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Spencer's email - 1/25/11

Jan. 25, 2011

Hello Family!!!!!!!!

Haha! I love Tuesdays too!! My week was FANTASTIC! I am getting fed mom, a little too much I fear! No kidding, the ward does a super good job in feeding us, luckily we are in a pretty rich area so we have lunch scheduled everyday and we either eat at a member house or we get money, but yes we get food everyday!! what a blessing!!! They feed us lunch every day and usually we just have a really small breakfast and a really small dinner. just a big lunch. Things with my comp are great! We are working hard!! and being blessed! Sundays are great! I can print off emails, but it is a little expensive, and the answer to the big question..... dun dun dunnnnn..... YES, I got letters!!! We had a zone conference last week on Wednesday and we got all of our letters i had 41 in all!! You guys are awesome! i am so grateful to have family and friends who support me so well.... but i haven’t finished reading all of them yet! i have read about Christmas and... that season... so i am getting there!! Oh yes!! Maren is just perfect for STAG-- following after me so well!! good work sis!!! It is so good to hear what you guys are all up too!! Hmm yes i do like writing in my journal, and i try really hard to do it every day, but i do miss some because we just run out of time!! its amazing how short days can be!! Goodness!!!
I will definitely fast with you guys Saturday, but it´ll probably be lunch to lunch, that is easiest here. since we usually get fed lunches.
Well some big news from Asa Sul, we have a baptism scheduled for this Sunday!!! so amazing story, Claudineia, the girl that i told you about last week, she prayed and that very night, (last Monday night) she felt that peace that she was looking for, and she has been awesome since!! She is a rock! She used to drink coffee and she stopped that very same day we told her about it, and she read everything we give her, because she just has no doubt that it is true! And we have met with her every day!! She fits right in with the ward!! It is awesome! And she asked me to baptize her!!! So this Sunday if all goes well I will have my first baptism!! How great huh?!? Other good news we have some more lessons scheduled! Things are finally getting rolling here, I think that people are coming home from vacations and stuff!! And this Sunday I gave my first surprise talk!! (well testimony) in Portuguese! I talked about missionary work and the love of Christ, I think it went well. Ha-ha. It was short thought! That’s ok!! Well I have learned so much this week but I will just share one of my favorite scriptures with you all. John 16:33 it says that in the life we will have trials and tribulation but be happy because Christ has overcome the world. What a great blessing we have from our savior. And to think that he loves us so much that he suffered all those terrible things so that we could be happy in this life and more importantly in the world to come. Remember that all the things that we go through in this life that are hard are to help us.
Well i love you guys!! The church is true!! Everything is great here in the south wing!! thanks for all your cards and letters and Jeremiah... i am sorry about my bad typing!! Ha-ha! Maybe my mom will fix the errors for you. (Note from mom…Hee hee. I just fixed many errors as I read his letter for the first time and then he puts this at the very end. Funny.)
Love,
Elder Dunlop

No comments:

Post a Comment