Hello family!!!
Well - we were blessed this Sunday! I think the Lord felt guilty for our last Sunday... He he... We woke up early again to go pick up people for church and of course noone wanted to come again - but when we got to church - one of the wards was having the choir perform - so they brought FRIENDS!!! There were 7 new people in church - now I can really see why the missionaries want us to bring friends to church - it is WAY more easy when people bring friends because they already know what church is like, already have a friend in church - it is awesome! So we got all their addresses and we have been teaching a few of them! One of them is named Edson - he is the son of one of the bishops the first time we visited him he was kind of wishy-washy - he said he wanted to be baptised but he didn´t want to set a date or set any commitments of any kind - but when we went to visit him - he was changed - he was smiling and he was way more willing to agree to do things - we taught him the commandments and he was excited to read what the next one is - the thing that is going to be the hardest for him is he is a smoker - but he has already gotten down to just 4 cigarretts a day so he is making really good progress! We said he couldn´t buy anymore and instead we brought him ´´spiritual cigarretts´´ - a box with a picture of the savior on it and inside we have rolled up pieces of paper with scriptures and activities to do - my companion is so clever! We also are teaching another guy - Julio - he is a friend of someone in the ward who is leaving on a mission tomorrow - and he is way excited about the work - so that is really awesome to see - he came and met us at his house and helped us with the lesson - and Julio wants to be baptised too! We set his date for this sunday and he accepted - but he also has a problem with smoking - and his problem is a lot bigger - he smokes 2-3 boxes A DAY!!! And he really likes coffee - he drinks 3 bottles at least a day of that too!!! OOF! But he really wants to change - and he knows the church is true - it was really cool because he prayed about baptism and got an immediate response that he needed to be baptised - and he has been reading the Book of Mormon - so that has been way awesome. Sunday we also decided to go visit someone that we ran into one night doing contacting - and she lives with 3 ADORABLE kids!! They are so cute!! And they are way awesome - the little 4 year old wanted to learn how to pray so we said a part and had him repeat it and when we got to the part where we asked him what he wanted to say in the prayer - he didn´t understand that - so he just repeated - ´´what would you like to thank the Lord for?´´ - it was cute. The lesson went really well with her - she was talking about how she had gone to a lot of churches but never agreed with them and she was saying why - and it was really amazing to see the conclusions she came to on her own by studying the bible, etc - the Lord has really been preparing her - and she also accepted baptism without hesitation!!! She is awesome - her name is Deliani - and it is really awesome that the spirit can be there even when there are 3 loud, rowdy kids! We had quite the adventure yesterday - we got a reference from one of the elders in our district and so we went to find his house - and it was kinda far from our house and in the opposite direction of our lunch -but we set out and found it - he ended up not being there of course - so we taught his mom and sister a short lesson - but they were very set in their catholic ways - so they weren´t interested at all - and when we were heading back - it was a lot faster and easier to walk on the train tracks - so we did - mom - you might not like this part - but I´m going to tell you anyways - anyways - a train came - which wasn´t the part you won´t like - because of course we had time to get off the track -but when we continued a little ways ahead we saw a big snake! And my companion said she has never seen this kind of snake before on the mission, only heard talk about it and it is very poisionous - it was black and red - but luckily since the train passed by a minute earlier - it was dead!! Blessings from the Lord for sure!!! Anyways - I am still loving life - the mission is awesome! I love people - I always have but it is amazing to meet so many people every day and really get to know and help them! The language is really coming along too - but I can´t wait til i can converse normally like I can in English - because then I´ll be able to help people even better!!! Also - super weird - I got a sun burn yesterday - in January! Imagine that... Anyways - I love you all and I hope you are having a great start to the new year!!! Oh - and Clara´s haircut is adorable - but I can´t believe how long her hair got before!!! Lucky duck! - I´ve been growing my hair out for so long... Maren and I have the same problem - slow growing hair... Also - I sent letters a while ago - so you´ll have to let me know how long it takes to get there! Hopefully not too long!!! Love ya!! Until next week!!
-Sister Dunlop
Write to us! These addresses are now for their individual mission homes and will be the addresses we will be using from now on...I think.
Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil
Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil
Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.
Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil
Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil
Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment