Hello Everyone!!!
How are you all doing?? The good news is I got all your letters!!! (no, no package yet, but letters) bad news.... I haven’t had time to read them today... so we will get to that!!! Well things are going really good, kinda a tough week we had alot of compromises fall but, we have been finding alot of good people too. And i have learned so much this week. Man, where to start. So yet again we fasted to find people and yet again we found a man to teach, Tiago. He accepted the baptism invite and he really wants to know more. Also, Eliomar went to church this week so that was super good. She really liked it too!! I did get a chance to read one letter about Maren and her wisdom tooth experience. Haha, typical Maren... won’t stop talking and always giggling!!! Too bad i couldn’t see it!! But I have definitely learned some good lessons this week. Hmm well this week a lot of rain!!!!! Goodness! and it was hot.... you don’t see that too much in Oregon huh? We have been knocking doors and singing hymns a lot and that has been helping us a lot! My comp is really good at singing so... i just sing quietly and it isn’t a problem. Hmmm, lots of walking!! But i love it here! One of the Assistants came to our district meeting yesterday, and I learned a few awesome things. One is we should always have the question of what can I do more. Because lots of times we find something that works... for example knocking doors. And we are finding people but our success is not going to increase unless we add something more to our efforts. If anything it will just be the same.... This morning I was reading about Ammon (i actually found out i have to finish the BoM by the end of this transfer soooo... i have been reading pretty fast) But I love his story and his example. It would have been so easy for him to do the same thing as the other servants. When the flocks of the kings were scattered to just be scared and not know what to do, to look at it as a bad thing. But Ammon saw it as an opportunity. And we know what happened. But the amazing thing is then after he went straight to working in the stables. Seeing what more he could do. And i honestly think that that little extra effort made the difference. The King said (something like this) surely i have never had a servant as faithful as this, for he doth remember all the commandments which i give him. (Something like that) We are all servants to our King, Jesus Christ. What more can we do to become servants like unto Ammon? What commandments are we forgetting to do? Do we always have charity to everyone? Do we read and study the scriptures diligently and treasure up the word of God? Are we diligent in our callings? I have decided that i am going to do whatever I can to become as much like Ammon as i can, because I want to be able to teach with power and authority from God. To be blessed like he was. That’s my goal. Another thing that he said was something I had been thinking about a lot, something I need to work on. Is goal making, i actually have been really good at making goals.... the problem is remembering them throughout the day and making them happen. So my goal now is to make goals and do everything i can to make them happen (kinda weird huh??) Hmmm so i really need to send some pictures soon... ill work on that... the difficulty is I don’t have a cord to hook it up to the computer... so... ill see if my companions works for mine or something. OHhhh here is a weird thing... so there is this plant that we always walk by, and it smells just like smarties... we couldn’t figure out what it was for a long time, now we just walk by it because it smells good. haha! Clara, great job on your winterguard getting 2 place and beating all those varsity guard teams!! woo!! and maren... well... you are so funny. Ohhhh so did you guys know that the Backstreet Boys are still together?? yeah... they had a concert here like 2 days ago... weird huh??? I didn’t know... hmmm well i am sure after I read all your letters i will have much much more to say!! But the church is true!!! I love you guys!! Miss you!
Elder Dunlop
Write to us! These addresses are now for their individual mission homes and will be the addresses we will be using from now on...I think.
Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil
Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil
Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.
Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil
Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil
Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment