Oí!!! First of all, I wanted to answer a question that you asked last week - about the food - don´t you worry about me - yes I am getting fed - Minas Gerais (the state that Belo Horizonte is in) is known for its food - especially its Pão de Quejo - which is really good by the way - and no - that is not what I get fed at members houses - but they sell it in the stores here - but that is besides the point - every day we get fed lunch in a members house - so it has been good here - but oh my goodness I am SO sick of rice and beans!!!! Ugh - I think I will never want to eat them again after the mission - I don´t know how people can eat them every day!!! I am not even exaggerating - I can tell you exactly what I will eat tomorrow and the next day and the next day for lunch - we will have rice, beans, chicken - usually drumsticks, and some kind of vegetable - lettauce and tomatoes normally - and then either pop (guarana) or juice. And that will be it! Every day for a year and 3 more months... But it´s okay - I appreciate the member´s hard work in feeding us - and it is only a year and 3 more months of eating the exact same thing every day - Spencer has to eat the same thing every day for the next year and 9 months... muah ha ha... So anyways - It has been WAY hot here this week since it is summer time here - its really weird - the kids here just started school yesterday - they have a break from school from November to February. But mom - you would definitely not survive here - no air conditioning - good thing I like the heat - cuz all we do all day long is sweat!!! So - Gabriella... yesterday was her baptism - but don´t get excited yet... she was all dressed - we took pictures and then she was in the water for an hour long - and she didn´t get baptised - she was SO close! Our mission president said that she didn´t have to get baptised the normal way - just as long as her entire body went under water - so we had her kneel down in the water and she was just going to put her head under - and she tried and tried and just couldn´t bring herself to do it - it was really sad to watch - because she is SO afraid - I don´t understand how someone could be so afraid - but she really is - and I don´t know why the guy baptising her didn´t just dunk her head under when she was so close - but she got out and then we talked to her and she decided to get back in and try again and she was SO close again - and she just couldn´t do it! Finally we convinced the guy baptising her that he just needed to force her under because she wasn´t going to bring herself to do it - but by the time that we convinced him that that was okay - she had already changed her clothes and was NOT going to change back! So - I think we are going to try again on Friday when the Elders are here to do baptismal interviews - but I don´t know if we can coax her into the baptismal clothes again - we´ll see... Other than that - we do have some baptisms planned for Saturday! We found a mom and a daughter that have already gone to church a lot and loved it but they stopped going for some reason and were never baptised - so we ran into them and they accepted baptism - the mom is looking for comfort in her life because she just recently had to seperate from her husband because it really wasn´t working out - and she is pregnant - so I think that the friends she will get from church will help and of course the gospel will help her too - because it helps everyone!!! I am not going to get my hopes up too soon since everyone has fallen - but she has already quit smoking and everything seems to be going really well - she even gave us her coffee - so I am thinking it´ll all work out - we also have a few other people we are teaching - it has been really difficult with Giovanni because he lives far away and is moving so he is never home - but he said he should be there the end of the week... We do have transfers coming up - next Wednesday - and so I don´t know where I´ll be next P-day - I am nervous because I really love it here and I would love to stay - but I don´t know... I´ll find out on Monday what´ll happen to us! Crazy! My companion just found out this week that she has to go home in the middle of the transfer because the general authorities have a rule that sisters can´t extend their mission more than 30 days - and her mission was extended more than 30 days - so she has to go home on the 28th of this month and she is NOT happy about that! Other than that - I am doing great - I know they always say that time flys by on the mission but I never believed anyone when they said that - but it is so true - I can´t believe I am already practically done with my first transfer! I only have I think 10ish left - craziness! I´m already scared to come home because I love the life we live here - always studying the gospel, preaching the gospel, praying - it is amazing! I have been working to really have the spirit more in my life - because we have the gift of the holy ghost - so we should have him with us all the time - but I know that usually he comes in moments - we have to work to have him with us all the time because the spirit is sensitive - so I have been really really working on that - trying to focus all my forces on living the higher life - keeping my thoughts, actions, everything so that the spirit can be with me always - and it is amazing - I love it! Anyways... my cultural moment for the week: drivers here are really scary - or at least they were when I first got here - I am totally used to it now - but they don´t stop for anything - it is the cars that have the right of way here - not the pedestrians - and we don´t have to cross at cross walks - because we are the ones watching out for the cars! Which is actually really kind of nice - who needs crosswalks anyways?! Just kidding mom... Anyways - love you all! Until next week!
-Sister Dunlop
Write to us! These addresses are now for their individual mission homes and will be the addresses we will be using from now on...I think.
Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil
Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil
Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.
Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil
Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil
Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment