Write to us! These addresses are now for their individual mission homes and will be the addresses we will be using from now on...I think.

Sister Brenna Dunlop
Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R. Sao Paulo, 1781, 10 Andar
Ed. 17 de Maio - Sala 1001
Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte - MG
Brazil

Elder Spencer Dunlop
Brazil Brasilia Mission
SHIN CA 05 Salas 304/307
LOTE B1
CEP: 71503-505 Brasilia - DF
Brazil

Note: I highly recommend using MissionTies.com or you can snail mail as well. You are welcome to become a subuser on our MissionTies account. See blog dated 11/17/10 for more information on that.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Brenna's email - 12/23/10

12/23/10

Hello!!! Feliz Natal! It´s really weird that it is Christmas time! Super weird because it is warm, no actually it is hot!! How weird! And I am in the CTM and not at home! But it´s good - I love being home for Christmas time and I would like to be with the fam but I am not sad because we are going to have parties all day and I get to sleep in until 8 and have lots of food and wear regular clothes! I get to wear jeans all day long! Yay! So I´m not sad - I´m excited because it´ll be fun! Don´t worry about me or Spencer - they´re taking care of us! Also - I can´t believe today is my last P-day! How crazy is that?! And I´m basically done with all my classes now - tonight after P-day is over we usually have class but we are going to a learning english on the mission class - since I´m Brazilian now... Tomorrow when we have morning class we are going procelyting - that will be really nice to do with someone fluent in Portuguese!! Then tomorrow night is Christmas eve so we don´t have class we´ll be watching Miracle on 34th Street and eating ice cream! Then all day Christmas is a festa! And then Sunday - obviously we don´t have class - and Sundays here are awesome and then on Monday we have a little class but we´ll be mostly packing and going to meetings and then Tuesday we leave! I can´t believe it! How crazy is that?! I´ll be meeting my new companion and my mission president and teaching people in Belo Horizonte in less than a week!! And the weird thing is I´m not scared - yet at least - I´m ready to get on with the next chapter in my mission!! Anyways... This week went well - it really wasn´t too exciting - except for the fact that I´ve been chillin´ with the Brazillians all week in their district - which has been awesome! I can hang pretty well - except it is a little overwhelming during meal times when everyone is talking at the same time about crazy things that I don´t understand - I usually just sit back and listen when that happens... Which sometimes it happens a lot. I´ve found out that I am able to say almost everything I want to say in Portuguese - one way or another - but I can´t wait until I can find the easy way of saying things instead of today when I was trying to figure out the word for roller coasters and I explained it as - you know in disneyland - you wait in line to ride... But it is really big and fast... I found out that roller coaster in Portuguese is montanha rosa... I think that´s how you spell it... But anyways - it has been great - they like doing practices so it has been practice lesson after practice lesson after practice lesson! I´ve got a lot of practice teaching now - especially the first lesson - which I guess is a good thing since I´ll mostly be teaching that! Thank goodness I have a patient companion! She is great! She explains things to me and she understands what I am trying to say. Though - I think the Lord is trying to teach me something - since I am scared of sick people - remember how my last companion was sick? Well the past 2 days my new companion has been sick too! And this is the throw up kind of sick!! Ugh! A companion is the perfect recipe to get sick - because we have to be together always - I even have to accompany her to the bathroom when she is being sick!! So I guess there is a learning experience there - I need to have compassion with the sick people! Luckily she is feeling better today - and I wasn´t confined to my room this time - she wanted to go to class - so that was at least good too - I felt bad for her though - she looked awful - and I was good about it - I didn´t shun her!!! I still talked to her - even with her sick germs! Also - what else? As I said - this week was quite uneventful - but this week will be a lot more exciting - I´ll probably need twice as much e-mail time! Oh - I remember - I was teaching english in class yesterday so people were telling me english song lyrics - because they have songs here in english - weird... but they were telling me lyrics and I was translating - the hard thing about that is in songs a lot of the times it doesn´t really translate well because it is a metaphor! So that was interesting... Also - when I am writing letters on the way to the temple the elders like to read out loud what I am writing because they want to learn english! It´s kind of weird - but then I remember they have no idea what they are reading!! Also - there is a sister that got here last week that is going on her mission to Salt Lake - and so I´ve been talking to her in English! She is actually really good - she spent 6 months already in Provo at an english school next to BYU learning english - so it´s been cool speaking to her - she needs the practice since she´ll be speaking english - and I am the only sister here that speaks English! She is stuck here waiting for her visa - so that´s gotta be hard - she is learning everything in Portuguese - she´ll have to re-learn it all! She is serving at temple square so she´ll also have to learn the tours in temple square! Okay - here is my bug story for the week - since that is my theme - this week during gym we were playing volleyball and I saw this giant butterfly (borboleta) on the wall in the gym and I was like wow - look! To the Brazilians I was playing volley with - and they looked at me like I was a crazy - because that apparently was a small butterfly here! He he... Kinda funny... Anyways - I hope you have a fabulous Christmas and New Year! Feliz Natal!!! The next time I write you I will be writing from Belo Horizonte! And I´ll be a real missionary... Okay I´m a real one now - but I´ll have graduated from the CTM!! Whoo!!! I love you all!!! And remember - Sacrificios instantanhos trazem bençãos eternas. Love, Sister Dunlop

No comments:

Post a Comment